Attention all members of Anikira! [Update Annoucement] Nov 10, 2020 21:55:43 GMT -6
Post by Trilogy on Nov 10, 2020 21:55:43 GMT -6
Attention all members of Anikira! There are some important changes coming to our site and our staff has been hard at work discussing and planning for a fun and exciting future for us all!
First and foremost, we will be getting rid of the points and shop plugins.
Important note here: Please do not touch your points or purchase anything from the shop from this point forward.
The shop plugin and points plugins are no longer supported by their developers and they have been glitching and causing trouble for a very long time now. Below is a list of specific changes that will be made and how things will be handled going forward.
- Points will no longer exist.
- Points will not be earned for posts, contests, OTMs, etc. Because we will not have a shop plug in, there will be no place to spend points. This is also because the points system has glitched on many occasions and is not reliable.
- Your current points when the changes are officially made will be accounted for and will be considered and discussed as potential event/contest currency during the next upcoming event/contest.
- The Shop will no longer exist.
- Purchases of items will be changing. Members will no longer be able to enter the shop and purchase items with points.
- Item requirements and some site guidelines will be changing as a result of this.
- Items that are currently on member accounts will be “grandfathered” in. This means that members will retain their current items and they will still be valid in the future after changes are made.
- Character Appearances
- We will be moving to a slightly different system for character appearance guidelines. Within the guide there will be a detailed “Visual Creation Guide”. This will cover the rules and guidelines for creating new characters moving forward.
- Each character will be allowed 3 base modifications to their breed standard appearance. The list of modifications available are:
- Size - Any height and weight adjustments to your character (up to 25% above or below the breed standard).
- Appearance - Any combination of up to 2 coat colors and 1 eye color. This means you can add up to two coat colors and modify the base eye color with a single modification.
- Marking - Any large marking modification. The no obvious shapes rule will still apply. Markings must be a site-identified coat color (which will be listed via images below in the guide)
- Specialty - Any one of the following: Albinism, Heterochromia, or Multicolored Eyes
- The 3 characters (one member per character) to create a pack rule still stands.
- To claim a territory:
- Packs must have at least one thread in each of the four areas of a territory that contains at least 3 posts in order to officially claim an unoccupied and available territory.
- Once all sub-board requirements are met, a single “claiming” thread with at least 3 posts should be made by the Alpha character in the main forum of that territory to solidify their claim.
- To maintain a territory claim: (Territory Levels)
- Level 1 (Sustains up to 10 wolves): Vor'asa, Ale'ina, Ser'eri, Adar, Arit, Syhrda, Nain, Aleru
- Level 1 territories will require a minimum of 2 threads throughout the entire territory per month to remain an “active claim”
- Level 2 (Sustains up to 20 wolves): Ina'mos, The Occasus, Xisyn, Shyia, Cryothia, Tiayr, Miera, Vesyth, Kamari, Aveline, Acerbus
- Level 2 territories will require a minimum of 3 threads throughout the entire territory per month to remain an “active claim”
- Level 3 (Sustains up to 30 wolves): Kal'dyne, South Ignier, Caurus, The Oriens
- Level 3 territories will require a minimum of 4 threads throughout the entire territory per month to remain an “active claim”
- Alpha Activity
- Alpha and/or Second-in-Command will be required to have at least 2 threads (containing at least 2 posts from the alpha/second) in order to be considered an “active” pack.
- Pack pages must list a specific character and rank of a “Second in Command” in case of an Alpha’s absence. A list of their pack-specific duties/powers is optional as well.
- Pack "Turn-Over" (Occasionally a pack leader dies, goes inactive, or is challenged for control of their pack. In these situations, the following guidelines should be followed.
- Create a Discord chat with Susy, Tril, and Uru
- The member that is giving away the pack (if applicable) will need to fill out the following
- The member that is receiving the pack will need to fill out the following if the previous alpha member is inactive and unavailable
- Once the above criteria is met, a discussion will occur between admins, pack moderator, and the parties involved in the “turn-over” and an agreement of terms will be put together and documented by the staff. Guidelines of this agreement must be followed moving forward or the pack will be dissolved or returned to the initial creator at the staff’s discretion.
- Within 3 days of turn-over, the new pack leader must officially name their second-in-command, make an official “take over” thread IC, and re-post the pack page under their leader’s account.
- Character Slots
- No more character slots. More frequent activity checks.
- Members may create as many characters (following species, appearance, creation etc. guidelines) as they are capable of keeping active.
- All characters should be listed (tagged) in your main-account signature.
- Mating Products
- The 25 post minimum requirement will still apply.
- Some restrictions will still apply. The following will be available only through contests/events.
- Immaculate Conception
- Underage Conception
- Full Custom Litter
- Guaranteed Conception
- Out of Season Fertility
- Size inheritance will work the same way as before, but items will not be given to coordinate with the size increases/decreases.
- Markings, colors, eyes, etc will still be inherited normally. Pup characters will be allowed a single “modification” from the Visual Creation guide as opposed to the 3 modifications an original character that is not site-born may have.
- Characters will be allowed one small companion at the member’s discretion. This means that every one of your characters may have a companion if you wish. However, this is limited to only small companions. Large animal companions (larger than an average wolf) will be contest/event prizes only.
Alpha Character's Name:
Reason for Pack Turnover:
Who the pack is going to (which member and which of their characters):
Preferences on whether or not changes can/should be made to the pack after it is relinquished: (these are preferences. Handing over a pack to another player means that you are giving up your say in how the pack runs, functions, etc. in the future)
Former Alpha Character’s Name and Player:
The date of the last active IC post made by Former leader:
Your reason for taking over the pack - and why your character should have the position:
Any changes that you intend to immediately put into effect:
Currently, the liquid time rules state:
Each character is limited to 4 threads. Alpha and beta characters are permitted additional thread slots above the allotted four limit.
Wolves should not be in two areas of the map at once.
May have threads in any locations within the same territory
May have threads in neighboring territories as long as the locations the threads are in are relatively near each other.
Moving forward, these rules will be changing:
Thread limits will be removed. This means members may have as many threads as they wish with each character as long as they are able to keep them active.
The map will now have a “grid” applied. Each hexagon will be considered a single day’s worth of travel at a walking or jogging speed. (based on an average sized, healthy adult wolf’s abilities) Thread progression must make sense and follow a reasonable timeline based off of these new travel guidelines. This means that if a character has a thread at the border of Cryothia and Shyia and they have another thread that will be taking place in Acerbus, the Acerbus thread must take place IC at least 2 days after the thread at the Cryothia/Shyia border will be completed.
Lifespan & Aging
Moving forward, lifespans will be changing and will become more uniform throughout all species. Aging guidelines will be altered slightly as well.
- All wolves will now have a lifespan of up to 11 years. However, after the age of 8, they will no longer be able to reproduce.
- There will no longer be an extra year item.
- Pups will age with the same guidelines as before. One OOC month = two IC months until a year of age.
- Pups will now be playable as soon as they are born. However, players will still have until one month after they are born to adopt/create characters. After this one month period, pups will still be considered dead/not playable if they do not have biographies posted.
For the current foreseeable future, our combat system will be re-worked. Any mediated combat will need to be first discussed with Uru and Tril and how combat will work will be determined on a case-by-case basis until a system is decided on and put together officially.
Our 300 word count minimum per post will still remain a guideline. However, due to activity concerns and stress to our members, we have decided that enforcement of this guideline will become more relaxed in the near future.
- Biography Guidelines
- History will no longer require 500 words minimum. Instead there will be a minimum of 300 words for biographies. Pup bios will no longer be required to have updates at 1 year of age.
- Personality will remain 200 words minimum.
Moving forward, the species will be updated and changed slightly. The ability to create a specialty species will now be awarded only via contest/event prizes.
- Kenai Peninsula and Dire will no longer be considered Specialty species. However, there will still be a 3-per-member limit for full-breed kenai, dire, or kenai/dire.
- African Golden, Bernard, and Honshu will be removed entirely. These will be replaced by the following Specialty species:
- Callan Wolves (referred to as The Plague Wolves by Isles wolves) - This will be a new species introduced soon!
FAQQ: “What will happen to all our current points and items?”
A: Items will be written down by staff in a list of who has what. Points will also be accounted for and added to this list as well and will be converted to contest “currency” during the next event/contest.
Q: “When will my new pups be playable?”
A: Pups born on-site will be playable on the same date that they are born. (keep in mind, they will be blind and deaf for the first few weeks of life)
Q: “When do pup bios have to be posted by?”
A: One month after birth.
Q: “How do I get a Specialty Species?”
A: Participation in a contest or event will award “contest currency” that can be potentially redeemed for a specialty species character.
Q: “How often will there be activity checks and what is the penalty for missing one?”
A: 2-3 times a year. We will be going by a 3 strike rule, similar to how the alpha activity checks work. One missed check = one strike. Each participated check removes existing strikes. 3 strikes = disabled account. Once a year, we will go through the list of disabled characters and purge to clear up the member list and names.
Q: “How often will there be contests/events?”
A: Ideally, there will be a contest or event every couple of months.
Q: “How often will there be Alpha Activity Checks?”
Q: “What about the Gamble Items?”
A: Previously listed gamble prizes will be available as prizes for events and contests.
Q: “Can I use a drawing (that I own or have permission to use) for my character’s biography and graphics?”
A: Yes, given that you have permission and that it can be considered relatively realistic in appearance. (this will be decided at staff discretion)
Q: “What about Ghosts and the Ability to See Ghosts?”
A: When one of your characters die, you have the option to recreate them as a ghost. In order for a character to see ghosts, they must a) inherit the ability, b) have over 70 IC posts, or c) you must get the ability from a contest or event. Non-pup characters must have some sort of catalyst for the ability to arise.